Celebrating Halloween in Corporate Housing
Even in temporary housing, holidays can be fun, exciting, and memorable. Halloween in a man camp may look a little different than one spent at home, but with a little creativity and the spirit of the spooky season, you’ll be having a Hallo-wonderful time.
Here are a few tips for making the most of your Halloween celebrations while staying in corporate housing.
Bring Family to You — Virtually
The last thing you may think is possible while in man camps in Pecos, TX, and beyond is having your family with you. But, thanks to the power of the internet, you can have the next best thing — a virtual Halloween party with family and friends.
During your video party, you can do things to make everyone feel connected even though they are physically apart. Activities can be easy:
- Have a candy eating contest. See who can eat the most of your favorite treats in a set amount of time.
- Play a game of charades. Act out your favorite Halloween terms over video and guests can take their best guess.
- Share a meal. Have everyone prepare a favorite dish and then share what they are eating. You could even all prepare the same meal or themed treat while you video chat.
- Watch a scary movie together. Whether you are a fan of thrillers, slashers, or spoofs, a Halloween movie is always enjoyable. Pop some popcorn, and host a virtual watch party.
- Make a costume in five minutes. Set the timer and see who can come up with the best costume from items found around the house.
Spend Quality Time with Your Neighbors
Workforce lodging comes with an entire workforce in the same boat as you. So, get together and have a good time. The possibilities are endless. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Have a potluck picnic. Bring the party outside, and have everyone bring a dish to share. When you live in corporate housing with a kitchen, it makes it easy to prepare a favorite dish. And, everyone can try a little bit of everything.
- Have a costume contest. That 5-minute costume contest can apply in person, too. Make it a timed challenge, or give people notice and time to come up with something fun.
- Try a new spin on trick-or-treating. You can still go door to door, or you can try something new. Hide candy around the camp and have a massive hunt, or try trunk-or-treating and decorate the trunks of your cars.
- Put together your playlist. A fun Halloween playlist can put everyone in the holiday mood. You can even create a shared playlist where everyone in the camp can add their favorites.
Employers Can Share the Fun, Too
If your employees are staying in workforce lodging, you can do a lot to boost morale and show your appreciation during holidays. Here are a few ideas:
- Host a Halloween party. Bring employees together for an evening of food and fun.
- Send goody bags. Make sure no one goes without a treat by putting together an employee swag bag of candy and other treats.
- Put up decorations. Even a few strategically placed pumpkins around camp can set the mood.